I warn you before reading, these tools create tons of success if you are not ready for it I advise you leave now. But, if you love success and are ready to make a name for yourself and your product or company go ahead and read up. Invest your time into finding more about these incredible tools.
- Boomerang is a tool that allows you to never forget to follow up with a client. You will not drop leads through your poor email management; not saying you all have that but most of us do in this case. It is a Gmail plug in that shoots follow up emails out after you have already typed them up. All you have to do is write the message like normal and then hit the “send later” button and pick a date. Also it is a great tool for when you want to keep a neat and organized inbox. All you would need to do is choose a time that you need the email again. Boomerang archives the email and pops it back up when the time is right. Then as an added perk you will be notified if someone does not answer back. It is imperative to follow up in a certain time frame so the information is fresh.
This tool Boomerang reminds me of another that works well with keeping your inbox clean and neat. It is called Optyn, it allows you to pick and choose what emails you want and don’t want. Keeps the spam out and eliminates the hassle of the everyday routine of click, delete, click, delete, etc. Also, Optyn is excellent in the sense of sending out pre-planned information to customers as well. Both tools would be an asset.
- Basecamp is a robust project management tool that enables you to join all your projects seamlessly. It is an essential tool because as you expand you are going to have to branch off in different directions to make it a universal product; to allow its use everywhere. All is kept in this one area and you are updated on all the projects and discussions. If you weren’t present for one then you always have the information to look at or even just to look back on for later. Optyn is an example of a company that uses Basecamp. It is a major help in keeping track of the to-dos, the meetings, as well as the finished aspects of the business. Definitely something that is of much help.
- LinkedIn is beneficial in keeping connected with all your customers, clients, and leads. It allows you to know what people can do and where they are coming from in relation to experience. One day with building connections you could be one or two away from a truly amazing amount of people. Also, you never know who is connected to whom. With this benefit you can really have a chance at meeting someone who can help your company significantly flourish.
- Rapportive is another Gmail plug in that links people directly to your email. This tool pulls all of the people you have connected with names and plugs them in without you having to continuously copy and paste their name in the address bar. It saves time and won’t have you guessing what someone’s email is or trying to remember everything that they do. Then, as if it isn’t already helpful you will know everything you can about the person you are trying to keep in contact with because it shows you all of this right in your inbox. And I know this may sound creepy but I bet it helps more than doesn’t in the end. You can be a creeper but be a professional one.
- GetSatisfaction is probably one of the ones I most recommend because it lets you interact with your customers and what they think of you. A place for big feedback basically. This is a community platform created to let companies engage customer experiences by making online conversations about them. In doing this it lets the company become vulnerable and places them in a position to show some humanity in how they want to respond. This gives the customer more insight. And in the long run your company has more exposure and more people referring you.